Menu
Nimbus73
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Elderly mother received messages, but as yet, no new SIM?

Hi,

My elderly mother received a text on the 7th August regarding the new SIM. It said that the new SIM would be here in 7-10 working days. Today is working day 10, and still nothing, apart from a text to say it should have been with us by now and needs inserting, so we are in a bit of panic wondering when the cut off date is?

Pleaser can someone send me a PM, & let me know what details needed to look into this? 

Thank you for your time.

Ian

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Elderly mother received messages, but as yet, no new SIM?

If you don't get a response from a Virgin team member within a reasonable time, try posting on Virgin's 'New Sim Issues' where people seem to have had some success getting one-to-one contact with a team member. Sadly, a lot of people, particularly some of us among the more 'mature' brigade with old phones, have had issues and it seems the Virgin team are focussing on them through its 'New SIM Issues' thread.

I am not an expert but give it a try. Good luck.

AldoVMC
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

Seems impossible to make contact with a human. A new SIM has apparently been sent to me but I cannot collect it as I am not in the country. Calls to 789 get me a link to website which then does nothing for me - no-one to speak to or to email. This forum appears to be the last report and just as useless as all the rest.

Making the SIM transition during the Covid crisis appears to be a bizarre decision.

I hope you get problem sorted but I will not hold my breath.

Regards,

Allan

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nimbus73,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to see that getting the new SIM card out to your Mother has been problematic.

I'd be happy to assist you via our PM service. Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for my message

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Nimbus73
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thank you for both the reply & PM!

Sadly, my mother can't recall her password. I am guessing it created some 20 years back, & she simply can't remember where it can be? (She is a vulnerable 83 year old)

As this clearly prevents access to her account, and out of protest with how Virgin are and are not doing things recently, I have signed her up with another provider.  

Thank you for your input AldoVMC & ahrbee! 👍

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me and sorry to see it appears we got to this a little late

If you can provide me with her mobile phone number, I'll do whatever I can to assist you and your Mother

If not, I wish both you and your Mother well

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos