Menu
Discomike999
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Easy way to get a replacement sim?

Hi..i have been sent a replacement sim as part of the Sim Swap and have forwarded this to the person in Germany currently using the phone but the system hasnt registered that the Sim was swapped..I phoned up and spoke to someone at Virgin who promptly deactivated the 'new' sim even though it was working (the user had been getting txts saying it would be switched off) .. but i havent been sent a replacement as yet..is there a easy way to get a replacement that doesnt involve a another long phone call?

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Easy way to get a replacement sim?

If you get another sim it must be activated before it goes to Germany, so someone needs to put it in their phone in the UK then send it on

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Discomike999
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks although it would help if they told us that! Still looking to get a replacement sim without having to phone...

0 Kudos
Discomike999
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can a member of the Forum Team help with this please?

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Discomike999, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the Sim. Are you still looking at getting a replacement sim or have you since been able to get this resolved? The sim will need to be activated before it is sent abroad in order for it to work - Chris

0 Kudos
Discomike
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get a Sim by phoning in the end...it has been activated in the U.K. but doesn’t seem to work in Germany..the phone isn’t roaming onto another network as it did before

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you been able to check your online account to see if roaming is active? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Discomike
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Roaming IS set as active..and international call barring is off...I managed to text chat someone at VM but anything that he did doesn’t seem to have made any difference...still won’t connect to another network to roam

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I will send you a private message so I can look into this. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos