Menu
Dave0502
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

E-sim

Hi. I have bought a Galaxy Watch 4 and would like to use it via same Virgin Mobile package/same mobile number etc. I have a sinking feeling this option is not available to me yet from Virgin. Correct? 

I have Ultimate Oomph, with TV, Landline, Broadband and Mobile. Obviously I don't want separate contract and different mobile number for my smartwatch. 

What are my Virgin Mobile options please?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Dave0502
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-sim

PS: I have Galaxy s21 phone.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Dave0502 

VM stopped e-sims in August. /ESIM-Needs-upgrade-of-plan 

O2 have e-sims on certain phones https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/esim 

On O2 the following devices have both a plastic sim slot and esim capability:

• iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE 2020, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
  • Samsung Galaxy S20 4G, S20 5G, S20 5G Plus, S20 Ultra 5G and Z Flip
  • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 and Watch3
  • Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL
  • Microsoft Surface Pro X.

I notice you have the Ultimate Oomph package with VM, you might be able to switch that to the Ultimate Volt package which uses an O2 sim, however I don't know if you would be able to swap that number over to an e-sim, but worth asking O2 about it.

EDIT I just noticed you have the S21 which isn't listed above, however they are adding add additional esim ready devices as manufacturers release them.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Dave0502
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!! As I suspected. Will probably use via Bluetooth with phone for now. Would be good to have option of standalone 4G watch eventually. 

0 Kudos