Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

E-sim

Now that Virgin are "joining" with O2 rather tha Vodaphone are you going to make e-sims available given that O2 already provide these to their customers.

I would rather use one phone that two - one for each number. My other provider - 3 - doesn't offer e-sim support yet and appears unlikely to do so in the near future.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-sim

Hello

Currently there is no plans for VM to use the O2 signal as at the moment the merger has not been approved, as far as I am aware the signal will still be changing to Vodaphone as the contract has already been signed.

The SIMs that are currently used and in the future are not rebranded SIM's the SIM's are Virginmedia own SIM supplied by a company in Belgium, it is only the signal of EE they use, changing to these will make the switch to another network seamless as no new SIM will be needed.

Regards Miike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-sim

Bit difficult as Virgin SIM cards are fairly unique. They are programed by Proximus of Belgium and designed to run on a UK network of Virgins choice. Not sure how that would work out eSim wise.

One of the reasons some I phones think they are in Belgium and early Android displays the Roaming symbol 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos