cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim while abroad

Sstrathdee
Joining in

I have a virgin sim on a pay monthly deal in a dual sim samsung phone. I will be in USA for 3 weeks and want to avoid roaming charges. Do virgin do international or USA sims? Can I use another network's international or USA sim at the same time as my virgin one. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VIrgin don't do International add on's or SIM cards for foreign networks.

You can use a SIM from another network in Slot 2 and run both together. However you will have to ensure all Data, Text and Calls are switched to use the second SIM before you land. 

Depending on your phone you can still receive calls and text on your Virgin SIM but be aware receiving a call will cost £1.50 per minute

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Mobile don't have any plan options for the USA other than the full costs here - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub/usa

However if you've got a dual SIM phone there is nothing to stop you using a compatible USA network SIM in it. Virgin Mobile don't lock any of the devices they sell.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sstrathdee, welcome to the community! Thank you for getting in touch to raise this to us! 

You can view information about roaming in the US here. 

As Ben has advised sadly we do not have plan options for the USA. 

It is also worth reading our article about using your mobile abroad to ensure you have everything set up correctly before you go!

Do you have a dual SIM handset? This may be an option for you to explore. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions we can help with! 

All the best. 

Molly

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VIrgin don't do International add on's or SIM cards for foreign networks.

You can use a SIM from another network in Slot 2 and run both together. However you will have to ensure all Data, Text and Calls are switched to use the second SIM before you land. 

Depending on your phone you can still receive calls and text on your Virgin SIM but be aware receiving a call will cost £1.50 per minute

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks