Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone actually work at Virgin Mobile? Several days trying to contact, no response.

I've been trying to contact someone at Virgin Mobile for about a week, and have got nowhere...

Nobody ever picks up the live chats, and I've only ever had my phonecall answered once by someone who told me all their systems had gone down and I had to call back later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone actually work at Virgin Mobile? Several days trying to contact, no response.

Also when I text 07533016422 with my issue, nobody ever gets back to me...

If I try to follow it up with another message, it begins the entire process again, asking for name, number, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone actually work at Virgin Mobile? Several days trying to contact, no response.

Hi Inferno, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had problems getting in touch with the mobile teams. I understand that via messenger security checks are only valid for 24hrs - so if the conversation is longer than that they would need to re-confirm details. I'm unsure why it would restart each time otherwise.

May I ask what you've been trying to get in touch about specifically,maybe it's something we can help with from here? 

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tom.

I got a new iPhone 11 on Pay Monthly about 3 weeks ago, and it turned up 2.5 weeks ago.  Since it arrived I've been having some trouble with the volume down button occasionally not working.

I've tried to contact Virgin within the first 14 days to have a replacement, but they keep hanging up on me whenever I finally get through to someone. The team have also been extremely rude and arrogant on the phone.

They're now telling me that because i have failed to report it within 14 days, it's my fault, and the faulty phone is my responsibility to fix or send off for a month for repair.

I spent HOURS on the phone and chat waiting for someone to speak to, but all anyone does is hang up, laugh at me, or read a load of nonsense from a script.

VM's customer service used to be so good years ago, but now adays it's a disgrace.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi inferno, 

Thanks for elaborating on the problems you've been having, apologies our Mobile care team haven't been able to get this sorted. 

We do have a 14 day cooling off period which you can return the phone to us without being charged providing there is no accidental damage.  Another thing we can do is check to see if it's covered on the warranty, if it is we can book it in free of charge for a repair. 

I would love to see what else we might be able to do for you to get this resolved and have send you a private message please reply when you can 🙂

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Hetty 🙂

The problem is that I did try to contact Virgin for many many hours, within that 14 day window, but the mobile team continuously either didn't answer the chats/calls or just hung up the phone..   When I eventually got through to someone who actually spoke to me, they said it was my fault for not telling them within 14 days, and I would have to ship my phone off for a month.

I'll reply to your message, thank you again for coming back to me, so far you've written one line to me and that's about a thousand times more helpful and courteous than any of your colleagues have been in the Mobile Team.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty, the PM didn't come though? 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Inferno,

Should be with you now 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hetty 

Hetty_R
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi forum team, is anyone able to help with this?

Hetty raised this with IT to have a technical problem of some sort solved with my account so that a solution could be found, but never heard back 😞

0 Kudos