cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgy call from 0345 045 0586

m_s
Tuning in

Does anyone know if 0345 045 0586  is a genuine VM number ?

Had a call today on my mobile from that number asking to speak to someone else I know  correctly quoting their full name and last 3 of their mobile number.  Until recently they were on a VM contract and supposedly there was some problem  (according to the caller).  

My questions are :

a. Is this a scam call ?  Some phone number lookups say it is and others say its genuinely VM

If not then:

b. Why didn't they just phone the other persons  number which they apparently know 

c. How do they know my number (which is actually on a  Virgin Mobile contract) is associated with the other persons number ( which isn't)

d. Why would they think the other person might be contactable via my phone number when VM have never been given any information which would connect the other person to my number

All very strange.

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Have a read at some of the other calls from this number,
reviews are quite negative ...

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/03450450586

Yes I've seen that but other sites seem to suggest its genuinely Virgin Media calling ?

Perhaps some of their call centre staff are running a scam ?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is Virgin I would block it anyway. They are only going to hard sell you something you neither need or want.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If it is a Virgin Media number then they have some serious data protection and privacy issues which need addressing

Hi @m_s thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've received a call from one of our teams, in regards to an account that is not linked to you.  I am also sorry for any concerned this may have caused you.  I would like to have this investigated on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

angelos
Joining in

Had a call from this number asking me for some pw details. Yelling and screeming in the background from the other call centre people. Very unprofessional. Just refused to give them any information as it sounded like a scam. Is it a genuine VM call?

Hi @angelos 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

That number dialled is Virgin Mobile, apologies for the call experience.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill