Menu
VIPerson
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Do we HAVE to change to the new sim card

Hubby and I only use our mobiles for calls and texts He got his new sim card the other day but I've not heard anything about it myself yet! What happens if we dont change it? Do we lose the service we have ......what

I'm surprised that more information has not been given to the VM customers Please tell me what is going on.

0 Kudos
VIPerson
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do we HAVE to change to the new sim card

All those views and no replies .................?? I asked a simple question is there no one brave enough to answer it?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

this is a community forum. The community members will only reply if they can answer the question and want to answer it.

The lack of information might be the reason no one has answered.

Was this a replacement of the same sim type Purple sim for another the same or form the old red sim to the new purple one
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Or you could ask Google, which will bring you back to this page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VIPerson
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'll rephrase the question - I have a 3g DORO flip phone and only use it for text messages as I am deaf in fact I've just received one saying that VM are going to send me an updated sim card. Does this mean I have to buy a new phone just because VM are updating?
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@VIPerson wrote:
I'll rephrase the question - I have a 3g DORO flip phone and only use it for text messages as I am deaf in fact I've just received one saying that VM are going to send me an updated sim card. Does this mean I have to buy a new phone just because VM are updating?

The DORO should work fine if it is unlocked. That would be the case if you got it through the likes of Argos, Amazon etc 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
stephen0691
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

yes you do. the letter that comes with the new one explains that the old one will be deactivated soon. i hope your phone works OK after the swap. mine doesn't and it's impossible to get any help.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi VIPerson, 

We do require all of our customers to be using a new SIM card to ensure they can continue using the services, this is because we've done some updates to the network. 

The new SIM should work fine in your phone after activating the SIM, if it does not then please let us know on here and we'll be able to assist further. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Out if interest, will everyone have to change SIMs again when the O2 merger thing happens?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Inferno wrote:

Out if interest, will everyone have to change SIMs again when the O2 merger thing happens?

No, that's the idea. These SIMs will work with whoever becomes Virgins partner.