Menu
petershotts
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do not know mobile phone password

Have a payg phone.  Have a problem with the new SIM card that held to install.  Used the text help facility, but this failed because did not know the mobile phone associated with my phone.  (I know my account password.)  How do I get a new password for my phone so that I can then pursue my problem re the SIM card.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do not know mobile phone password

Hello petershotts,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem with your new SIM card. Can I ask what is happening so we can help? Have you activated your new SIM but it doesn't work?

With regards to your password, is this the password for your online mobile account or a password for something else such as your actual PIN to your handset? If you can clarify what it is exactly, we may be able to help on here 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
petershotts
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have a simple ‘unsmart’ pay-as-you-go phone which is only used for telephone calls.  About two weeks ago I received a letter informing me that I needed to replace my current SIM card with one enclosed.  I did this and there were no problems.

A few days later a second letter arrived explaining that I needed to enter an unlock code to enable me to use the phone overseas.  To do so I would have to temporarily insert a dummy SIM card.    I did this and a message came up saying ‘SIM1 is not valid’

I telephoned 789 to try and resolve the issue.  I was asked, for security purposes, the password for my phone.  I have no idea what the password is.  I do know the password to my account but that was not requested.  As a result I could not proceed.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi petershotts,

Can you confirm if the handset was purchased from us?

If so, we can provide you with the unlock code, given that we're able to pass data protection with you. Let me know and I can pop you over a PM if that's the case 🙂

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos