Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disgustinging service.

Pretty **bleep** off.

Last week I placed an order for an Iphone SE and iPad, it gets accepted and goes through, I get an email saying they will be in touch to verify the order and finalise it.

This order was my daughters birthday present, that was yesterday. I am working 12h a day and I dont even have a mobile contract myself, had fully intended to start my daughters, then my son, then me, and keep the family on the same billing.

I have never missed a Virgin Media Broadband package, and was even thinking of moving that up to Ultimate Oomph as its a family of 5.

But no, three days later I finally see a notice in my orders, the order is placed in standing. So I call,  get a call center with a woman who can barely understand me, my 1st password attempt is wrong, second she does not confirm, puts me on hold then tells me I cannot have the mobile package I assumed had been accepted and processed!

So now my daughter a day after her birthday is told she CANNOT get her birthday gift, after your system accepted my order and told me it was in process.

To top it off the lady on the phone has the audacity to say I can have a sim only deal, sorry are you for real, last week my daughter seen me place an order and was under the impression an Iphone SE and Ipad would be here around her birthday, she has already put a smile on yesterday, now I should give her a sim card that she has no phone for?

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY MY ORDER WAS ACCEPTED AND THREE DAYS LATER YOU CHANGE YOUR BLOODY MINDS!

And, seeing as I like a mug pay over £103 per month plus rentals without fail for Full House 350mb TV/Broadband/landline package, maybe we can review that package, drop some of the services and pay minimal until I find a company that does not treat paying customers like dirt.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgustinging service.

Hate to say it but it happens a lot, even to people with excellent credit.

What they do I have no idea, but a guy on here who is in retail says credit checks take less than a minute.

We have had people refused phones who have gone out to a store and walked out with what they wanted in less than an hour.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgustinging service. Accepted for a mobile contract then three days later refused!

The other irritation is they sent me three confirmation emails and stated they would call to finalise my order. WHY.

I have sat with others ordering phones with virgin and seen the decline of that contract at that point, never seen anyone accepted then three days later refused after having to chase it up via a call center call.

Three days later I call them, and talk to a lady that struggles with my Scottish accent, got my 1st password wrong and no confirmation on my second attempt, she was confused that my current contact number is not mine then recieved a hmmm can I put you on hold please, zero explanation. Comes back, we can only offer you a sim, no explanation or detail. I asked and none was provided, I said the sim on its own is pointless, asked if there was anyone I could talk to but no that was it. So I refused the sim only, said I unhappy with the customer service, goodbye and hung up.

Ok Virgin Media, I would like a sim, can I have 100GB data and unlimited calls and txts like I was led to believe I was getting my daughter for her birthday and will you then let me later get a mobile phone without adding the extra expense of a sim? Because there is no point giving me a sim contract if I cant have a sim free mobile contract, I am as well giving another company that. If I am going to end up paying the price of a full Oomth bundle with three 100gb data sims by direct debit each month I would rather not be chasing mobile phone deals through other contractors, so where do I prioritise my loyalty and to what service provider?

Currently my daughter would benefit from a mobile phone and sim, one of my sons would benefit from a mobile phone and sim, and I need a mobile phone and sim. I was hoping to get them both Iphone SE's with ipads, and was unsure of myself, the data I would like is the 100gb data unlimited, I could afford at least three on that last offer I was accepted for then three days later refused after calling. If you can tell others no straight away, why did I wait three days and have to call some call center?

If it makes it easier, we could cancel all my broadband TV and movie renting, as that floats between £103 and £150 per month, though I have never missed a payment that could be better spent on the mobiles I guess as now the kids are older they watch less TV anyway.

Or maybe you can recommend a competitor with similar offers on broadband or mobile phones? Sort of makes you a little redundant because clearly you cannot offer service for anyone working 12h a day 5 days a week with a family of five. And the customer service is appalling.

I mean seriously it went through, three emails, it was all smiles with a we will be in touch shortly, today my daughter and I are a little more than dissappointed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgustinging service. Accepted for a mobile contract then three days later refused!

Thanks for your post sastusbulbas, and I'm terribly sorry to see that we've ultimately been unable to issue your daughter with her birthday present.

When customers have been denied the opportunity to sign up for a contract to make payments on handset and other pieces of equipment, these cases can be reviewed and altered after investigation, with more information about how we perform credit checks, this is available via this link -  https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/credit-checking-policy.html

In the meantime, if you check the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from me and we'll look further into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos