Menu
Highlighted
Nig1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Disgraceful mobile signal

Where do I start I have always had problems with my signal but since November 2018 it is driving me to despair, I took my mobile into Apple who informed me that I had lost 11% of calls that month, they checked the phone and said they would replace the phone if it was 20% and I should contact Virgin, so I went into local shop who changed my SIM card, this made no difference so my phone was sent to Virgin who returned it saying it was a network issue, however what I find amazing is my daughter can be talking on her phone at exactly the same time and place I am on the same network as myself and I loose signal she doesn't, I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing these problems I have spoken several times to customer support but as of yet have no positive results, and am at the point of hitting phone with hammer, I don't expect perfect but do expect to be able to have a conversation without phone cutting off even though signal bars are evident, it happens five times on one call today, sorry for the rant, any advice greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgraceful mobile signal

You’ve posted this in the wrong section. This is for Virgin Media landlines. You should repost this on the Virgin Mobile section.

From reading your story it sounds like the phone is at fault here especially if someone else is able to use the same network at the same location.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nig1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the signal on your iPhone, this ins't what we like to hear.

So if you and your daughter are on the same network in the same area then you'd expect to have the same signal, so I can appreciate your frustration. 

Can I ask if you and your daughter are both using the same SIM cards? Can you confirm what color they both are?

Let me know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nig1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma I am not sure I will check tomorrow, the signal issue seems to o be getting worse today my phone displayed three bars and call just stopped people have told me that I sound like I am either underwater or from an eighties synthesised sound, not sure if this is relevant but know I have had enough.

nigel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nig1.

Totally appreciate the frustration with this. Did you manage to check the colour of the SIM cards? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nig1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John I have had he problem for nearly a year now, I have tried three different SIM cards, from Virgin I have reset phone, tried on 3G, reset network settings, the phone has been for repair once which didn't help, I am now being told that I can send for a repair but will be a cost, or I can cancel which will be a cost, I think its absolutely disgusting that Virgin offer a super fast mobile service with 4g which in my case as had major problems since the start, I was told today that they are sorry, I would actually like to launch the phone through the window of my local Virgin store, but won't do that instead I am going to contact Trading standards and any social media that will listen as feel the customer support and service is disgraceful. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is your daughter also on Virgin? Does she have an iOS device as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nig1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes daughter is also on Virgin and has the iPhone X-RAY 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nig1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

IPhone X R not X-ray 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nig1,

Thank you for the reply and apologies for the delay in response.

I would like to take a closer look at what could be causing the issues for yourself and your daughter. 

I am going to send you a private message to gather a few extra personal details and we can then go from there. 

The private message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of the page.

Let me know if you have any problems accessing it. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos