cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit failed a 4th time

sjfarrell77
Joining in

I've had nothing but trouble with direct debit with virgin mobile recently. It never takes the payment. You tell me it's an issue with my bank, they tell her it's an issue with you. Something dreadfully wrong. But more importantly I've been on the phone to you today since 830am. And this is not resolved. This is deeply annoying. It's not fair. I've spoke to 3 different people. All have not resolved this. Plus 4 people have hung up on me today. You also sent me a letter to tell me this, but you sent it to my old address? My password was also updated recently yet it does not seem you actioned this. This is seriously affecting my mental health. I'm not paying you anything on my credit agreement. Until you call me and solve this and explain why I've had such bad treatment today. How dare you? I'm trying to pay you and you give me the the runaround  when you KNOW I've attempted on my own life before. Just how dare you? Who do you think you are?

7 REPLIES 7

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sjfarrell77 thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the direct debit failing on multiple occasions. 😞
We will see what we can do on our end to try an assist.

I will send a private message. 

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You sent an ambulance to me today. I had to send them away because I'm not THAT BAD. However, you refused to give me a manager to speak to there. 

sjfarrell77
Joining in

You advised me you'd contact me on Monday. So I'll make you aware of my Monday schedule, because you never mentioned a time you will call. You should have done. But you did not. I was told someone called Darren Lomas will call me. First I have a call regarding a job application I have at 9am. After that I shall be speaking to my Community Psychiatric Nurse afterwards. If either of these calls are disturbed by Virgin I shall take legal action against you. Then I need to speak the DWP with regards to my Universal credit situation. These are all extremely important to me. As my mental health is suffering. But most of all, today's episode was the most difficult day I've ever experienced with you by far. 10 phone calls I think. That's way way way too many. But it's ok. I'm going to need to take this higher. You most certainly do not respect health conditions. I'm sure Ramon laughed today at the fact I'd been sent an ambulance. I'm sure he found it funny. 

Right. Getting really really really angry with Virgin Mobile now. What's going on with my account. I made complaints but **bleep** ALL is being done. I demand an answer. NOW. Latest complaint made this week. Tell me what's going on. 

Something is very very very very wrong with my credit agreement with you. Despite me changing the bank details with you over the phone 2x - the direct debit is never taken. But what's more alarming there are customer service advisors there who took my bank details over the phone, yet my direct debit is set up on my old bank account which is now closed. In fact it's been closed over 6 months. So what are the operators doing with my new bank details which I've given you over the phone, which have never been put on my account. Once a manager there called Ramon set up my direct debit over the phone with my new bank details, but it was never done! What's he doing with my new bank details? I'd like to know. Sounds very suspect. 

sjfarrell77
Joining in

Direct debit failed again recently. I've actually given my current bank details to you several times now over the phone and ITS NEVER BEEN SET UP RIGHT BY VIRGIN MOBILE. Something very very very wrong. I have a case here maybe OFCOM need to examine. Do I need to go to OFCOM because Virgin Mobile aren't dealing with this. I know OFCOM will deal with this though, so do I take this matter to them, even though it's Virgin Mobile Fault? Please advise. If you don't, and ignore this, it's OFCOM who will take up this matter. I have suspicion that you have criminals right under your nose in your Customer Service Department. 

Same issue again. Still unresolved. Or do OFCOM need to resolve this.