Menu
Deksman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debit

I have changed my plan and now make monthly payments for which a Direct Debit was set up.  However payents continue to be taken from my cash balance and no payments are being taken through the direct debit.  There are long delays on anyone at Virgin answering a phone and the websites just take me round and round in circles and do not let me post or mail my query in writing.  Can anyone advise on how I might get this sorted please.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct Debit

Hi Deksman,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry your monthly Direct Debit isn't being taken , if you account is in credit then when the bill is generated there isn't an amount to be taken so the Direct Debit won't take anything, as long as there is money on an account the monthly bill will be taken from this , 

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Deksman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thank you for reply.  The problem with this is that it makes it more likely that there will be a problem with the cash balance in the event I use an off-plan service, such as an international call.  And trying to work out where I stand at any one time with my cash balance is going to be very difficult or impossible. For example what happens if I have less on the cash balance than the monthly charge ?  Do I go into debt or do you take the DD and leave me with an anount of cash that I will need constantly to check ?  Why can you not make my life much simpler and just take the DD regularly every month to pay for the basic plan cost and leave me the balance to use if and when I may need to ?

Deksman

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deskman,

If you were to use extra services such as international calls and the bill is higher that the credit sat on the account we would then take the rest by Direct ADebit on the date you have set for us to take the payments.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Deksman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paul

Ah, thank you.  So am I right in saying that I do not need to keep any cash balance on my account because all the charges owing at the end of each month will be taken by DD, leaving me with a zero balance ?  In other words, I can just forget about the cash balance ?  Is that right  please ?

Deksman

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deskmnan,

That is absolutely correct, any charges including your monthly charge will be taken automatically by Direct Debit every month, we will only take what has been incurred and not a penny more.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Deksman
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thank you for that.  Now I know !!

Best wishes

Deksman