Menu
Leannestudley80
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dialled an incorrect number

This keeps happening but when I try and call my house number I get “you have dialled an incorrect number” the number is not wrong and when I use my husbands phone it works fine. I’ve been with virgin mobile for more years than I can remember so it’s not a port issue. I’ve turned of dial assist and reset my phone nothing works!! 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dialled an incorrect number

Hi Leannestudley80,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your phone looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Can I ask if your Husband is also with Virgin Mobile? 

Also, does this happen with any other numbers that you try to call from your mobile?

As troubleshooting steps, can you try  -

• Rebooting your handset.
  • Swapping your SIM into your husband's phone to see if the issue still occurs. 
  • Try calling your mobile from the landline to see if any error occurs. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Leannestudley80
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

no my husband is on EE and this is an intermittent issue, it will work then all of a sudden stop and start saying I’ve dialled an incorrect number, I have re booted swapped sims done everything and it still happens.

regards leanne

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leannestudley80,

Thanks for coming back to me about this peculiar issue, I am sorry if its causing you some frustration. 

Have you noticed any pattern with the intermittency? As in, does it happen on any particular days or time? 

Have you tried calling your mobile from the landline to see if any error occurs?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Leannestudley80
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

no there’s no pattern and no no issues calling my mobile from land line at all.

regarss Leanne.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leannestudley80,

Thanks for confirming those two aspects for me, I have a few more questions for you. 

• Has this issue always occurred since you had your Virgin Mobile? If no, when was the first instance? (approx.)
  • Have you ever had a SIM replacement in order to resolve this?
  • Do you have WIFI calling enabled on your handset? If yes, please disable it and try calling again
  • Lastly, do you know of any other Virgin Mobile users in your friends & family? If yes, do they have any issues like this?

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos