cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in iMessages being sent

IncredibleSulk1
Tuning in

Hello

Ever since joining VM back in September 2018 when I send an iMessage there is a delay of around 2-3 minutes in the message being sent and the blue bar at the top slowly moves across. This doesn’t happen when I am on WiFi and only seems to happen when I am on 4G or mobile data. 

I have spoke with Apple support and it isn’t something at their end as they have done extensive troubleshooting but to no avail. I am using an Apple iPhone XR

I’ve attached an image for reference. 

Thank

D687B7E6-DAF8-4571-B79D-EB46D2AAC63B.jpeg

134 REPLIES 134

Virgin have advertised that all phones from them are fully unlocked for a long time now 🙂

It would not hurt to pop in any SIM from another network to test quickly.

Do feel sorry for you lot with this, and Virgin are blatantly trying to force you to stay with the SIM (network) problems, when they have no right to do so 😡

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Is it that they come unlocked but are then locked when a virgin sim is inserted in the handset?

tried my sim in another iPhone and Android phone and that worked absolutely fine

it would maybe seem that certain handsets are randomly affected? 

@Lastofficial wrote:

Is it that they come unlocked but are then locked when a virgin sim is inserted in the handset?

tried my sim in another iPhone and Android phone and that worked absolutely fine

it would maybe seem that certain handsets are randomly affected? 

The iPhones locking to first SIM inserted was Apple's doing, they stopped that practice a long time ago 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

I have some options but sadly all don’t really solve this issue it’s just skirting around it till VM finally sort it out

ill call apple and report back to them and see what they say, I’d like a replacement handset as it would be interesting to see if that would solve it

I've lost my patience with Virgin Media - went through the same hoops and process as the other people here.

Purchased a SIM only contract with Vodafone, transferred over and now I have immediate messages and notifications which I wasn't getting with Virgin.

Think thts what I’ll end up doing, I wonder if the porting over of numbers with pac codes can affect the signal? Also doesn’t help that the link that VM send through via text to set up APN settings is now a dud link, the same as the online “phone fix” 

@teabag wrote:

@IncredibleSulk1 wrote:

@teabag wrote:

@Lastofficial wrote:

ill play lay ball and ring apple but if they can’t do anything then I’m basically stuck with a non working device or service for the next 2 years and 4 months.....

As your aware from how many this is affecting, to be a device issue is very slim and upgrading phone would be money wasted.

Your not stuck with the service (SIM), that is on a 30 day rolling contract and not tied in with your phone loan, you can request a PAC code and move to any other (hopefully working one) network at anytime you like.

However we’d have to pay the device contract off. I’ve been told I can’t cancel the rolling contract part without cancelling the device plan. 

If your on a Freestyle contract for handset = paying two separate payments - one for phone and one for sim. The SIM is on a separate 30day contract and not tied to the phone loan at all, although CS try and say different and are lying to you 😠

I know @Lastofficial is on Freestyle contract because he/she has over 2 years left to pay for phone, SIM contracts that long are illegal - that's why they are on 30day rolling contracts.

Now that’s very interesting! More lies I guess from VM! I’ll be looking to cancel it now for sure!

Ning_Q
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there, Lastofficial.

I see you're having some trouble with your mobile data.

You can send the Mobile team a text on 07533016422 to check on your network settings. It's possible that the issue may be resolved some other ways, too.

The team is available between 8am and 10pm each day, and will be so glad to help.

Thanks,
Ning_Q

Can 100% confirm the phone is not the issue, I had 2 iphone xs max brand new sealed VM customer service told me they were faulty, brand new 7 plus as well which I used my 02 which worked fine, however when I moved to Virgin the issue starter, again got told its the device. Samsung s9, again got told it was the device. The amount of times I kept telling them it was not the phone to no avail at all. Got told to send the phone to them for repair which I do not trust at all. I have read other threads here and can see many have taken their phones to apple and they have confirmed it is not the device, 100% the sim/network. I too took my phone, updated it there and did all the troubleshooting and the problem still persisted.

Eventually last week got a call from the technical/IT department and they were very helpful, I managed to give a few examples of times & dates I saved just incase they needed it, he then confirmed the VM customer service only logged 1 example of my issue and did not write down the fact I was on the phone to them for over 2 hours 'troubleshooting' etc. Anyways after 30min call I asked if I could cancel the contract as I do not have faith in this issue getting resolved, he told I would have to pay a termination fee but kindly popped me on hold and asked his manager if anything could be done. Came back and gave me 3 options: wait and see if we can resolve this, terminate the contract straight away and all fees will be waived or terminate it in 30 days and just pay for that period. 3rd option I chose as it gave me time to find another contract and transfer my number over, gave me PAC etc. 

Absolute shame as the 4g speed is fantastic, when it works. Much faster than 02 but the constant delay in notifications, connecting to 4g was just getting out of hand. 

I’ve followed every troubleshooting step you VM customer services can give me and some steps I’ve done almost 4 times now. 

Its obvious VM dont know what the issue is and are just chucking me through the same hoops in the hope I’ll get bored asking for a fix. 

Was told the other day to send the phone for repair and VM rep asked me for my passcode so engineers could access the phone, pretty sure that’s a security issue.

was also told I may be able to upgrade early but i don’t want to pay anything, he said leave it with him, the next rep he put me through to told me to upgrade I’d have to pay £600 to pay out my current contract. 

Final call yesterday, spent an hour on the phone and at the end was told to call apple as VM had maximised all efforts to solve my issue. 

so now stuck with a phone that doesn’t work properly for 2 and a half years 👍🏻 Absolute joke