cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in iMessages being sent

IncredibleSulk1
Tuning in

Hello

Ever since joining VM back in September 2018 when I send an iMessage there is a delay of around 2-3 minutes in the message being sent and the blue bar at the top slowly moves across. This doesn’t happen when I am on WiFi and only seems to happen when I am on 4G or mobile data. 

I have spoke with Apple support and it isn’t something at their end as they have done extensive troubleshooting but to no avail. I am using an Apple iPhone XR

I’ve attached an image for reference. 

Thank

D687B7E6-DAF8-4571-B79D-EB46D2AAC63B.jpeg

134 REPLIES 134

I’ve still not heard from the complaints team about this as I want them to cancel my contract which I think is a reasonable request. Never will I have another Virgin Mobile contract again! 

Had this issue for a long time now and with different phones. Tried everything but read somewhere to turn of wifi  and see.

Have done that today and so far it's working will see how it goes.

Using android.

Hi Emma,
Ive sent you a PM

Hi IncredibleSulk1

thanks for the message. 

How was the complaint raised? When was the complaint raised? 

Kind regards 

Chris 

Hi

nearly 2 weeks ago it was raised online. 

For the meantime I’ve lowered my contract to the lowest option but I need to switch my number to my other provider. 

Any update on this issue? Getting a bit frustrating know, having to turn mobile data on/off every time  I wake my phone just to get mobile data working

Yesterday. 05/03/2019, has to be worst day since I've had this contract regarding the data issue. The amount of times my iMessages were delayed, whatsapp 'connecting' safari taking to open a page was absolutely ridiculous. Can someone please look into this ASAP! Also the complaint page is not available on the virgin website anymore, can someone help me with this please if possible.

I also am suffering with this issue... 

So far I've:

1. Reset my phone 

2. Reset my network settings

3. Tried a new SIM

4. Sent ALL to 789922 with no response. 

5. Tried APN settings from websites, such as VMs and 3rd party ones, specific to iPhones (I've an XS Max)

Nothing is working, I still get whatsapps 20-30 mins later usually only after i've unlocked my phone and websites don't load. All the while, my phone is showing 3+ bars of signal with 4G. 

I've only been a VM Mobile customer for about 3 weeks too. So i've never had the old 'working' SIM, just the dodgy purple ones.

Please can anyone help otherwise i'll have to cancel my contract and go back to EE.

763BC2DA-FD0E-43B9-B635-CA6E2FC829B8.png

Getting silly now, almost every time I wake my phone I get this, even with 4 bars of 4G

Hi IncredibleSulk1,

Thanks for updating us on our Community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having when sending an iMessage through Mobile Data, I appreciate this is frustrating and I'd like to get this resolved for you. 

Before posting today, we've done some investigation and can confirm that this issue hasn't actually been identified as one that customer are facing. Due to this we'll need to do a little more digging, we would also want to ensure that your SIM is one of our newer cards, we can do this via online chat.

It's also disappointing to hear that your complaint hasn't been resolved, if you'd like to speak with the team via web chat as mentioned above, we will be more than happy to take ownership of this and work towards a resolution for you, whilst we aim to get all complaints resolved as quickly as possible, it can take us up to 28 days in some cases.

If you'd like to have a chat with us in order to check the finer details of your SIM card and the iMessage issues, you'll see a link at the top of your page which will take you through to our team 🙂

Thanks,

Victoria_M