cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in iMessages being sent

IncredibleSulk1
Tuning in

Hello

Ever since joining VM back in September 2018 when I send an iMessage there is a delay of around 2-3 minutes in the message being sent and the blue bar at the top slowly moves across. This doesn’t happen when I am on WiFi and only seems to happen when I am on 4G or mobile data. 

I have spoke with Apple support and it isn’t something at their end as they have done extensive troubleshooting but to no avail. I am using an Apple iPhone XR

I’ve attached an image for reference. 

Thank

D687B7E6-DAF8-4571-B79D-EB46D2AAC63B.jpeg

134 REPLIES 134

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Could you try and reset the network settings for me? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cjmartin1975
Joining in

I have just move over from Vodafone to Virgin mobile, purchased 3 brand new iphone 12 minis and all three phones are experiencing this exact same issue, delay in sending/receiving apple imessages, delay in picking up my kids phones on apple find my etc etc.

It is as if there is a delay in accessing the network to carry out the necessary task.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, cjmartin1975,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with iMessage. Can you confirm if you are having these delays when connected to WIFI? If unsure, can you switch off your mobile data and leave the WIFI on then send a test message.

Cheers,

Corey C

Everything works fine on WiFi, we only experience the issue when using mobile data. 

It is not just an iMessage issue it is effecting other apps as well like find my.

When I try to find my son on find my it can take ages to pick him up. 

Thanks for replying, cjmartin1975,  I've sent you a private message to confirm your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey C