cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in iMessages being sent

IncredibleSulk1
Tuning in

Hello

Ever since joining VM back in September 2018 when I send an iMessage there is a delay of around 2-3 minutes in the message being sent and the blue bar at the top slowly moves across. This doesn’t happen when I am on WiFi and only seems to happen when I am on 4G or mobile data. 

I have spoke with Apple support and it isn’t something at their end as they have done extensive troubleshooting but to no avail. I am using an Apple iPhone XR

I’ve attached an image for reference. 

Thank

D687B7E6-DAF8-4571-B79D-EB46D2AAC63B.jpeg

134 REPLIES 134

miahj14
Tuning in

Hi,

I joined Virgin a few months ago from 02 having been with them for over 12 years simply due to your 4G speeds being way better. However since day 1 I have been having issues with mobile data. If I don't use my phone for a while it seems mobile data goes to sleep and takes around a minute to connect back again. This has now become very frustrating, my messages are coming late via iMessage and whatsapp etc. push notifications not coming on time. 

Can this please be looked at, I have seen another thread similar to this and seems like it has not been resolved. 

Thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi miahj14, 

Thank you for your post. 

This sounds really odd and something I've never heard before. The data wouldn't need any time to wake up. Can I ask what phone you're using? And what colour SIM card do you have? 

Thank you 🙂 

some phones do this - data is put to sleep when not in use for a set amount of time - what phone is it?

This has popped up a couple of times, something I've never had a problem with though.

Can only suggest checking if you have any battery saving mode switched on, any data saving mode switched on, maybe also try putting your phone in Safe Mode as a test - so any 3rd party app can be ruled out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Hi Ryan,

Iphone 7 plus and its a red sim. Got a replacement one on the weekend and seems to be happening again, i tried it on a different phone and same thing.

Cheers

Iphone 7 plus, I was on 02 for over 15 years and it never did this. ever since I went to Virgin last November I've been having this issue.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Can you try and do something for me please? Can you completely back up your phone so you don't lose anything and then once that is done, can you do a full factory reset. When you set the phone up don't reload all your information, just go into the phone as new. And tell me what happens from there? 

Thank you. 

I'v had the same issue since I moved to Virgin (see some of my older posts in this forum).

any luck with your sim? I recently bought the iPhone XS Max, still the same delayed annoying issue, even got a new sim sent from them. I got a few mates on virgin but they don't have this issue at all.