Menu
Status4992
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Delay in getting a Network Key

I applied online for a Network Key two weeks ago as my old mobile VM621i ( after inserting the new Sim)but unfortunately there is no response so far. I have to use the old Sim.

It is very difficult trying to contact Virgin media by phone and one cannot contact them by e-mail.

I wonder if others have experienced this sort of delay?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delay in getting a Network Key

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TiredofTrying
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes I have had exactly the same problem and extremely frustrated at lack of help in terms of no email address, long waitis on phone and the fact that it seems the only way to find an answer is to trawl this forum inthe hope that a mod picks up on it - the number of different posts all on the same subject with no replies or action on the part of vrigin don't give me much hope! good to see that someone has 'escalated' yours though, best of luck 🙂

0 Kudos
Status4992
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have earlier this morning received the email following my Network Key request but this seems to poses more questions.

I have been given two codes ( code 1 and code 2) to use but either /both do not register as a Network Key.

The e-mail from Virgin refers me to a simhelp link which I am afraid is not much help.

As this is an old mobile with about £5 credit, I am tempted to give up on this!

Hope you have more success.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Status4992,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a bit of trouble with your replacement SIM. Can I just confirm that you are referring to a network unlock code?

Are you not presented with any message at all when new SIM has been inserted and what happens when you try to enter each code?

Cheers 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
Status4992
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

Yes, I have applied for a network unlock key code.

This arrived by email in this form:

Unlock code confirmation (KMM53728474V10455L0KM)

Inbox

x

Virgin Media Web Team <webteam@virginmedia.co.uk>

10:22 AM (3 hours ago)

Hello, We’re getting in touch to let you know your handset unlock code details is now available and shown below; <Code 1> 73501xxxx <Code 2> 353426xxxx. For guidance on how to unlock your phone please go to sim help  Kind regards,The Virgin Media team        

For security on this blog I have removed the last four digits of each code, for security.

On inserting the new sim card , the prompt " Network Key?" appears.

On entering either /both code I get the reply "Network Key incorrect" before it reverts back to "Network Key"

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Status4992,

Thanks for all the information you've provided.

I think what we'll need to do is take a look at this via private message so I can access your account, and if we are still unable to unlock the device from there, I'll forward this onto our second line support team.

I'm going to pop you over a message now, you'll be able to find this over at the purple envelope.

See you there,

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Status4992,

Thanks for supplying all the requested details for us. I have now passed this over to our second line support team who will be looking into this further for you.

This contact form has been raised under the reference 111582_2607 and someone from the second line mobile team will be in touch as soon as they can.

Kindest regards,

Beth