Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Deactivated pay as you go SIM

I live in France. We have been in lockdown for ages. I may not have used my phone for a while as I have a pay as you go, and use in the uk..but havent been able to go there...but paypal requires a second verification and I have used that within the last 3 months.

Now it tells me I have lost my £30..I cant get into paypal..and nowhere on the virgin site is a sane phone number to discuss this. Surely during this crisis there must be some compassion? I cant bet into paypal to change my prefereed number..because I cant get a text.

i am just going round and round in circles with this. I need my sim reactivating and my money returning

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deactivated pay as you go SIM

So it sounds like it has been disconnected for none use rather than the ongoing SIM Swap. You must make a chargeable call or text once every 90 days to keep your account active. If this happens the number is recalled and any balance forfeit.

This has been in the terms and conditions since day 1 of PAYG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep..it may well have been..but you know in the middle of my husband dying at the time..I may just have missed that one

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've escalated this to the team to see if someone can sort this for you 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Its been a horrendous time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrsMoore,

Thank you for joining and posting on the Community Forum.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been going through a difficult time and for any stress that the deactivated SIM has caused.

I'm going to send you over a private message so I can take a look into your mobile account for you. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth