Menu
RomseyRambler
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Deactivated SIM and number STAC'd. HELP!

Morning

I have requested my number be STAC'd as I no longer wish to have my old number.  I received my VM SIM card and was told it would be active on Monday (today).  However when putting the SIM in it is saying Emergency Calls Only.  I have just called and the SIM I have is deactivated!.  

Is there any way of getting a new SIM out faster than 3-5 days?  My old number is now not active and Im now without a VM sim/number so have no way to communicate for 3-5 days.  The nearest VM store is an hours drive away.  Please can a card be sent out 1st class?

Thanks

0 Kudos
zokansal
Just joined
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deactivated SIM and number STAC'd. HELP!

i think you should wait to Monday to end to active your SIM, i think that man be patient

افضل شركة وساطة مالية في السعودية

0 Kudos
RomseyRambler
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In hindsight yes..however I was told on the phone by VM that my VM number wouldn't activate as I had requested a STAC.  Was told it would work today..old number gone so thought "ok so VM now works"....nope completely dead and deactivated SIM 😞

RomseyRambler
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely fuming mad!!! I was told by an analyst at VM if I go to a Virgin Media shop they could get the SIM for me.  I have just spent the last hour driving to a store to be told "the Order for the SIM has gone through, so we cant swap it". I cannot believe how unbelievably difficult it is to get a SIM card.  What happened to the days of cancelling one and activating another.  

I even asked if the number could be cancelled if it meant I could get one at the store however I would have to go through another credit check!  I am absolutely fuming at VM now.  I am a new customer and dont even have my services installed yet, I am seriously contemplating going back to Sky and putting up with the useless Broadband if it means I get some sort of straight answer and service. 

RomseyRambler
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Chris has kindly come back to me on this. Thanks Chris. I hope to get this sorted asap.
0 Kudos
Runchie
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem with VM and right now none is able to call or whatsoever I have been asking for my pac code since the third of December on the 10th they deactivated my sim and now telling me I can’t activate my sim hence I can no longer can a pac code . Vn are the worst 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Runchie 

This thread is 2 years old.

If you have a problem please start a new topic 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Runchie.  

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with retaining your number.  Has it been confirmed the mobile number in question has been lost forever?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos