Menu
mp_architect
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

De-Activated Sim

Hi, I currently live abroad, but hold all my bank accounts, and other accounts under my UK phone number that I have held for over 15 years. Suddenly, Virgin decided to de activate my sim card without warning. 

I, now cannot access 80% of my accounts as I cannot receive the One-Time-Password on my phone as the sim card has been de-activated. This is causing me a LOT of stress, as I cannot access my some of my financial apps. Further more, each company has its unique procedures to change a phone number on the account. 

I need Virgin to do all they can to somehow revive this number for me. Especially since I am out of the country and am not able to go out and get another sim card. UK Company accounts will not allow me to register an overseas number.

I refuse to believe that there is no way a network provider cannot help with this situation. Please investigate any way to find a solution for me or escalate this issue if need be. Also id be willing to move the number to another network with a PAC code if that is the only solution. 

Kind regards 

Mo

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: De-Activated Sim

Hello

First of all is this a contract or PAYG SIM ?

If it is PAYG when was the last chargeable call or text made ? If more than 90 days then I am afraid you have lost both the number and any credit on the  phone.

If a contract SIM then you will need a replacement SIM see below as there is a but,

I am afraid that VM cannot send out a SIM when you are not in the UK, even if they could I am afraid that as all SIMs are not activated when sent out, they will only activate when connected to their home UK network, the only way around this is for VM to send the SIM to a family member or friend and for them to place in a phone to activate it and then for them to forward the activated SIM to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: De-Activated Sim

Thanks for the post Mp_architect and welcomet to our community.

Does the above post by our helpful community member answer the query at hand? 

If you need any further assistance please do let us know.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos