Menu
Steff1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Data speed drops dramatically.

My phone speed seems to have slowed down dramatically over the last few months.

Have tried everything I can think of to correct. 

Was getting constant 80Mbps.. Now dropped to around 8-10 and even much less a lot of the times. 

Upload speeds are dreadful also

To try and fix this I called Virgin and was connected  somewhere abroad.. They sent a new sim but that made no difference.

I have reset my phone... ran updates Rolled back to older versions etc. 

Checked speed of another device.. someone with the same model and using virgin network was getting the speeds I used to get so it doesn't seem to be the signal. 

I check speed outwith my work and home area which is a mile apart BTW.. I seem to get much faster connections. 

So it seems its my phone it this one area. 

Have tried various APN settings also

Any ideas 

Thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Data speed drops dramatically.

You may have been moved over to Vodafone as part off Virgin's move to a new signal supplier.

Do a manual network search. If EE is visible but Vodafone is missing that is what has happened 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steff1968
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah...

No Vodafone listed.

Thanks for the info and heads up

How can I get put back on the connection I was before..if that is possible. 

Its obviously still available as the test with a co-worker showed the much higher speeds. 

Thanks Again

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As far as I am aware from team postings the migrating process cannot be reversed. In the next 6 months all customers will be transferred to Vodafone as Virgin's contract with EE ends.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steff1968
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah... That's what I thought.

Will have to look elsewhere then.

Thanks again for your help. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steff1968, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile data looked into, I am sorry it's become quite slow over the recent weeks/months. 

Enlli's advice is correct, we have started a migrating process and all customers will be on the new network by approximately the first quarter of next year. 

Can I ask if you're still within contract please? If you are, there may be a Buyout Fee attached to your cancellation (monthly cost x how many months you have left) I just wanted to make you aware of this so you don't get a surprise when you call our mobile retentions team!

If you need more help or advice, please feel free to reply and I will be more than happy to help 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos