cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data speed down to 5.71mbps at work and 9.72 at home. Apparently suppose to be 37mbps - what the heck?

zabuza88
Joining in

Pretty much the title. I’ve had so many issues with this the last few weeks and it’s driving me mad. At work, I have zero signal, no bars, no data. It’s putting strain on my work as I can’t communicate with anyone unless I leave the building and cross the road (there is no WiFi). Contacted virgin, was told to try a download which hasn’t worked. They’re sending a new SIM card (which is 4 years old) and that’s the next try but the issue is on another SIM card as well that is only a few months old so I don’t think that’s the issue.

Has anyone got any idea what could be going on? I’m fed up of being cut off from the rest of the team because of crappy service.

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @zabuza88

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your data speeds. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. Just to clarify, does this only occur when at work? How is service elsewhere? Are you able to confirm what network you are connected to when at work?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you dont get a good signal from your provider then your only option is to move to another mobile provider which meets your signal needs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably coincides with the move to Vodafone from EE.

Still at a loss to understand why Virgin on Vodafone often have slower speeds the Vodafone users in the same location though. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks