Re: Data roaming abroad not working

All working now! Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
norcross21
Joining in
Message 22 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Please help I am in France and I have no mobile connection and I have no data. I have called the call centre 7 times!!!! With no joy and different answers every time. Best person I talked to was Liam at FMS he raised this ticket P008857299 but that was 5 days ago. Called today and the call centre had no idea what is going on!!! Extremely poor service from virgn mobile no idea if people are trying to call me. Spent hours on the phone calling really put a downer on my holiday 😞 and now will struggle to get home as no data for maps which makes driving stressful  please contact me by email or chat asap

Stephen

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 23 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with roaming.

In order to look into this, I will need to take more details. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
mjgreen81
Tuning in
Message 24 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem  In France now.  Can you help please?  

0 Kudos
paul_t_m
Joining in
Message 25 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I couldn't connect to Data roaming when in France from yesterday (and had similar problems in the past when in Spain and Germany). But all fixed now.

So my girlfriend has now joined me in France and she has an iphone.

After the standard text "Welcome to France...etc" which outlines charges etc, she got another message, which I didn't and still haven't (maybe there's some error at Virgin's end which doesn't send this to all phones??

Anyway it says:

"No data or picture messaging? Text ALL to 789922 and we'll send the settings to your phone for you to save. Need help? Call our team on 789".

After I send this I received an update notification at the top of my phone's alerts. I accepted each update, it asked If I wanted to overwrite the settings I already have and then after this I now have 4G data connected.

I'm so relieved! Hope this works for others too!

Regards,

Paul.

0 Kudos
mjgreen81
Tuning in
Message 26 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, tried it but still not working for me. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 27 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi mjgreen81,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your roaming service. Did you verify that roaming was active before your trip (you can check this via your online account under Plan and Device > Manage My Services)? Also please make sure that International call barring is OFF.
Also, please try manually selecting the networks available to see if you can get a full working connection.
If your roaming hasn't been activated before leaving for your trip, we can try resetting this on the network, but please be aware that our reset may not work, as this depends on the local host network picking up the correct details from the UK.
If you are still having an issue with your roaming service and would like for me to check this, I will need to take more details. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Kind Regards,
Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 28 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi mjgreen81,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly with the requested information and for clearing security.

I have now reset roaming on your mobile number and this was showing it was not fully active on the network and it may take up to 24 hours to go through.
Please turn off the handset and turn it back on again and you may need to manually search for the network.
If you have any further issues just pop back here in the Community and let us know so we can look into this for you.
Take care,
Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
mjgreen81
Tuning in
Message 29 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help.   It looks like it's working 🙂 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 30 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi mjgreen81,

Fantastic 🙂 Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. 
If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 
In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.
Take care,

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

0 Kudos