Menu
abboo
Tuning in
Message 31 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection going to sleep, no push notifications being received over mobile data

get a Deadlock letter from VM.

Then post it and details of your complaint on the cisas website. Take screen shots of this forum and upload them too.

I did this and cisas has agreed to adjudicate for my case and given VM 10days to settle.

There is no point asking VM to fix this - they never will. I think this is an inherent feature of the way VM network is setup. 

0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 32 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection going to sleep, no push notifications being received over mobile data

Thank you. I'm giving them the opportunity  just to release me from my contract first

0 Kudos
paintwrx
Joining in
Message 33 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, how do I obtain a deadlock letter? 

0 Kudos
abboo
Tuning in
Message 34 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Call customer service and request a deadlock letter, based on the fact that they haven't resolved the issue.

indie24
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I have just posted a new topic on this. I am having exactly the same issues! There is a massive delay in push notifications such as Whatsapp, Arlo app etc. Whatsapp will show the messages once I open the app. If I dont, it can take anywhere from 10 mins to 30 mins before I get the message notification. Never happened when I was on EE with the same phone (Samsung Note 8). Looks like I will have to cancel all 3 sims with Virgin unless they fix it.

0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 36 of 54
Flag for a moderator

And what is worse is VM  Customer Service Yetrefuse to acknowledge it is a VM issue. Yet the are numerous users on here with the same error, using different handsets. 

They (so far) have said it is not reason to cancel contracts. 

May argument is that they advertise 4G - but do not provide the full 4G service - such as LTE services (ability to use data whilst on a call). So the service is not as advertised / perceived by consumers based on their advertising.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 37 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@williamleggatt wrote:

My argument is that they advertise 4G - but do not provide the full 4G service - such as LTE services (ability to use data whilst on a call). So the service is not as advertised / perceived by consumers based on their advertising.

In area's with 3g, data at H+ speeds should still be working while on a call.

But if only 2g is available in the area, there will be no data while on a call :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 38 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Should be is correct. But not on VM. I believe this is as they do not support gsm8000. But I'm not that kind of technical - if it's advertised as 4g and compared to Voda, O2 etc  it should be the same as we expect and get from other operators.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 39 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@williamleggatt wrote:

Should be is correct. But not on VM. I believe this is as they do not support gsm8000. But I'm not that kind of technical - if it's advertised as 4g and compared to Voda, O2 etc  it should be the same as we expect and get from other operators.

VoLTE is available on the main networks for certain phones.  EE/BT have not shared the use of Band 20 (800mhz) to any of their MVNO'S yet, or even to their own PAYG customers SIM's or their own cheap Plusnet SIM's.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 40 of 54
Flag for a moderator

So that appears to be technical jargon, for "it's 4g but not as you know it if you transfer from one of the big 4" ????

Which is my point.

Along with WiFi calling, call forwarding, etc.

0 Kudos