Menu
ap27
Tuning in
Message 21 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection going to sleep, no push notifications being received over mobile data

0 Kudos
abboo
Tuning in
Message 22 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection going to sleep, no push notifications being received over mobile data

thanks for the advice.

I will complain to CISAS, according to whom, we need to wait 8 weeks before we've complained officially with network provider.

In the meantime I'm sending a letter to the Sunday Times, and BBC Consumer Watchdog.

Consumers need to be warned of this lack of service from Virgin Mobile, and it's corresponding lack subterfuge regarding the source of the issue.

The adviser I spoke to yesterday tells me he has a virgin mobile and it works fine for him....

0 Kudos
parms
Tuning in
Message 23 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Any updates from the Mod Team?

The last post was that the issue has been investigated and a fix is being applied. Can you provide an update regarding the fix and when it is likely to be applied?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi, we're still looking in to this. 

We'll offer further updates as soon as we have more details. 

Thank you. 

Community Moderator.

Jen_Y 

0 Kudos
toasty772
Dialled in
Message 25 of 54
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
parms
Tuning in
Message 26 of 54
Flag for a moderator

So the Mod Team are changing their response! Initially they said as part of this thread a fix is being worked on and now they are saying 'we're still looking into this'

Is this the worst company anyone has dealt with? Absolutely disgraceful! More so the fact someone reported the issue way back last year and still no fix.

I had a call from someone in the Virgin complaints department a week ago and said the fix should be applied in the next couple of days.......a week later and nothing has been done, no update, still same issue persists.........

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 27 of 54
Flag for a moderator

okay so I just assumed it was my phone - my wife has also had this problem on her phone - we have a Oppo RX17 Pro and a Oneplus 5T - both on VM and neither getting it - it's like background sync has been turned off even when it's selected on the phone.
0 Kudos
abboo
Tuning in
Message 28 of 54
Flag for a moderator

any update on the fix to push data notifications please?

We are all fully paying customers of Virgin Mobile, who have received no compensation for such lack of a key service.

0 Kudos
paintwrx
Joining in
Message 29 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Any updates on this? I've had many repeated phoncalls to customer service this week, they were less than helpful have explained the issue quoted the IT number and have also opened a resolver case, and even tried cancelling my contract only to be told I've got a flag against my account so they cannot look into it.? What's the next step cancelling direct debits and just wait for you to chase me? 

0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 30 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I have this problem to, since switching, using same handset.

0 Kudos