Menu
parms
Tuning in
Message 11 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection going to sleep, no push notifications being received over mobile data

I am also having the issue - I have kept chasing the IT ticket that has been raised but have had no updates........really frustrating!!!
0 Kudos
HPATEL
Tuning in
Message 12 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection going to sleep, no push notifications being received over mobile data

So today Virgin are having a complete outage on data, calls and texts. I wonder if this will be blamed on our phones too?!

And will there be any kind of apology or compensation? I'm not holding my breath!

Still no fix or even acknowledgement of the issues highlighted on this thread. And I still have another 10 months of contract with them

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

We're aware that some customers may be experiencing issues with notifications on a mobile data connection. 

This issue is still being investigated, and you can keep an eye out for any updates here. 

Thanks

Mod Team

0 Kudos
abboo
Tuning in
Message 14 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Mod team

I've had this ever since i've signed up on 28 April. I've been complaining to customer services for the past month about it. 

If you've known, about this issue, why did Virgin mobile, send me a Deadlock letter asking me to escalate to OFCOM/CISAS, when I asked for my contract to be terminated, on the grounds that your data service is not providing Push notifications.

The Virgin Mobile deadlock letter says ''This is due to a third party application issue with WhatsApp, Gmail'.

I've never had this problem with my previous provider Vodafon - which I now totally regret leaving.

0 Kudos
parms
Tuning in
Message 15 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I echo abboo.........this is a very frustrating issue and I have been complaining for months and chasing updates on my IT Ticket. The most worrying thing is no SLA is given to fix the issue so it could take literally forever and it may never be fixed!

Surely Virgin should be able to give some sort of SLA to "paying" customers and stop keeping them in limbo...

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience whilst we've investigated this issue. We're currently working on a fix.

We'll let you know more once it's all finished.

Thanks 

Mod Team 

0 Kudos
abboo
Tuning in
Message 17 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Mod team, 

Can you confirm whether you have found the issue on the Virgin Mobile network, and that you're working on the fix.

It will save me from having to escalate to CISAS/OFCOM.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ap27
Tuning in
Message 18 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

There is only one way to solve this issue and that is to terminate your contact and switch provider. I gave up waiting for Virgin to fix the problem and asked to cancel my contract even though I still had 10 months left. 

After quoting the reference P009299405 I was already getting credit for my monthly payments but I raised this further and was able to terminate my contract without paying a fee.

I have to say this was not a easy task and it took many painful phone calls. I eventually succeeded by choosing the option to leave Virgin when calling 789. 

Good luck for those of you still experiencing problems. 

parms
Tuning in
Message 19 of 54
Flag for a moderator

abboo - I would escalate regardless of what Virgin say. Basically if Virgin cannot give a estimated date for the fix then you need to escalate to Resolver/OFCOM. I already have and my complaint is in progress. Virgin keep saying they are working on a fix, which doesnt mean anything to the end customer. What we need is a estimated resolution date - which you will not get so I would go ahead and raise the complaints to Resolver/OFCOM.

0 Kudos
abboo
Tuning in
Message 20 of 54
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the advice. I will definitely terminate my contract. is reference P009299405 a technical fault reference?

0 Kudos