Menu
Rindri
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data, calls texts not working

Hi there. I transferred to virgin media in February and used a PAC code to keep my own number but I’m not sure whether the changeover was a success due to me not getting calls through sometimes. A notification from settings saying to remove and reinsert my SIM card as my FaceTime and iMessage number has expired (I’ve tried this and it doesn’t work) and now my mobile data has totally stopped working, texts do not send and calls do not ring through at all. Could you offer any help as this issue is quite large and i can’t use my phone at all at the moment

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data, calls texts not working

Hi @Rindri,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with receiving calls since you ported your number across to our network from your previous provider.

Would you mind confirming when the port was processed and completed, the name of your previous provider, and also what model of Apple iPhone you have, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rindri
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have an iPhone 8 and how do u confirm it was Ported?

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rindri,

On your handset, please open your Settings and then select Phone. There should be a field there called My Number which will confirm the mobile number that's assigned to the SIM card that's inserted into the handset.

If that's the number that you wanted to transfer to us then it'll mean that the number port has been completed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos