Menu
daint
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Data Rollover Query

Hello,

I'm into my second month with Virgin Mobile after signing up for a 36Gb SIMO deal. Once I signed up I realised that the contract was actually broken down as 6Gb with 30Gb free (not sure if it'll be relevant for my question).

Last month I used in the region of 2Gb of my allowance, leaving me with around 34Gb at the end of the month.

Today I received a message that I had carried over 10Gb to the following month, however I'm wonder why only 10Gb?

Thanks

Daint

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data Rollover Query

Hello

Virginmedia will only ever rollover the standard data, the free will not be rolled over that basically means that the 30Gb will never rollover. So the rollover in you example will be only 4Gb + the standard allowance of 6Gb will make the 10Gb.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
daint
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Mike, however I'm still not sure how it's 10Gb to be rolled over.

If Virgin Mobile aren't rolling over the free allowance, then surely I would have received either 4Gb (6Gb standard minus the 2Gb I used) or 6Gb (2Gb I used being taken from the free allowance).

The fact that 10Gb was rolled over doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi daint,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Our apologies for any confusion with your rollover. 

I have been able to locate your account and would like to go through this so we can look into this. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
daint
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello all,

Just for completeness and for if anyone experiences a similar behaviour, it's been investigated and currently VM are unsure as to why I've carried over 10GB.  It should indeed have been 6GB.

I've been told to see what happens next month.  However at least I now know that the maximum I should be carrying over is 6GB, not the 36GB that I incorrectly assumed when taking out the contract.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update daint, let us know if the same happens at the end of the next refresh period and what is carried over.

Rob

0 Kudos