cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming with Financial Soft Lock

mi5787
Joining in

I’m currently in Europe trying to turn on my data roaming as I have no network or signal at all. When I try to do this online it says there’s a financial soft lock. I need signal and cannot call virgin mobile to sort this. Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thespud
Joining in

Hi. That soft lock lark is because your sim is switching to O2 soon. Until it does you can't amend your account in any way. Had the same problem (not abroad) but at home. All over the internet - Virgin couldn't run a bath.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mi5787,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your mobile signal,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

thespud
Joining in

Hi. That soft lock lark is because your sim is switching to O2 soon. Until it does you can't amend your account in any way. Had the same problem (not abroad) but at home. All over the internet - Virgin couldn't run a bath.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me, this has been looked into this afternoon and unfortunately the team have advised that its not possible to turn on the roaming feature, you would only be able to activate the roaming function once the migration has gone ahead and the soft lock removed.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Agreed, what a joke