Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data Only Contract

Hi

I recently switched from SIM only to having a phone contract.

I suddenly realised I was paying for texts and on looking into it, realised I am on a data only contract (which includes unlimited minutes).

I spent 2 hours on ‘Live Chat’ to be told that because I had ‘selected’ that contract it couldn’t be changed. The only options were to pay off the handset in full and start a new contract, or add another line to the contract - neither is realistic!

Thinking back, the only contracts on offer were data only, which seems ridiculous.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to get a text allowance added to the contract?

I must admit, I will be leaving Virgin as soon as I can at this rate. This isn’t the first problem I’ve had. When I first moved from EE, I ported my number, but people on one of the other networks could only contact me on the number Virgin had originally assigned to the phone and I missed a message from a friend telling me she has cancer.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Jo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Data Only Contract

If you have a Freestyle contact and pay by 2 Direct Debits then the SIM is 30 day rolling and can be cancelled at any time. You just keep on paying for the phone. 

Customer services have been pushing out 'misleading' information since these contracts first started.

I've asked the team to look at this

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI jade1962, thanks for contacting us regarding your Mobile contract, from reading your post something doesn't seem quite right and we will get a Private message sent over to you to ensure that this can be looked into further - Chris 

Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the SIM has a minute/call allowance, it is a normal phone SIM/plan which have always come with a unlimited text allowance to UK numbers, a Data Only SIM would not include any minute/call allowance?.

What price are they charging for the texts?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.