Menu
AdeAlchemist
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dad's new account and VM used my bank details

I am not very happy at all VM this week,

My Dad is buying a new house to retire to and he was looking to get VM at his new house.

Suddenly last week he phoned me on Thursday night as he said VM had phoned him and did a hard sell on a new top end OOOMPH package (£79 per month one).

So I get the call as he needed my details for the £50 referral which I did and today my Dad reads the bumph that VM has sent him and for some reason the Virgin Mobile DD is using MY name and bank details and a brand new DD has been set up on my bank account.

All I can assume that the sales agent was in a hurry and copied my bank details over for the DD on the mobile rather than my Dad's.

So Dad says as it's my bank account and I have power of attorney that I should sort it out, so after phoning up Virgin Mobile I get some American call handler who said as I am not the account holder I can't do anything.

So my elderly Dad is now trying to sort it out, I have cancelled the DD at my banks end as it is NOT authorised but I am worried that VM's financial security is soo poor that a DD can be set up using anybodies details and taken off the VM computer.

0 Kudos
AdeAlchemist
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dad's new account and VM used my bank details

And now checking the email that Vmobile had sent they had even misspelt MY NAME and a DD was STILL set up using incorrect details.

So much for supposedly customer security.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi AdeAlchemist, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear about the issues which you have been having the account and I will send you a private message to look into this further for you. ^Chris. 

AdeAlchemist
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just like to thank the forum team, somebody called me today to help me resolve this and make sure everything is alright.

Thanks.

0 Kudos