cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT try and order a new phone from Virgin Mobile

joeyoe1988
Joining in

This process has been an absolute disaster. I tried to order an upgraded contract phone twice on the Virgin website, both of which were simply cancelled with no explanation or reasoning despite easily passing the credit checks. On the third attempt I did over the phone and once again, easily passed the credit checks but the order was 'parked' indefinitely and with no updates yet 48 hrs later from Virgin, no response from their messaging service and no call updates. I expect this too will simply be cancelled with no explanation. The entire process is a complete mess, i've genuinely never found it so difficult to purchase anything ever, and I am currently buying a property which has genuinely been much less hassle. I honestly would not wish buying anything from Virgin on my worst enemy, it is utterly hopeless and all that will happen is your credit rating is damaged, and you will not end up with a mobile phone. 

19 REPLIES 19

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi joeyoe1988 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your Mobile order. When ordering a Mobile service with us, we need to follow specific checks and processes. Your order may be referred to one of our internal teams for further review, and you will be expected to e-sign the contract with us.

To clarify, have you received any emails relating to your order asking you to sign the contract? Have any of our team reached out for any of the orders you have raised?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I have had non of these things, the order gets cancelled before any form of contact is made. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi joeyoe1988 👋

Thanks for confirming that. I'm very sorry you haven't received any further documents due to the order being cancelled before the documents are sent. It would be best to get back in touch with our Mobile Sales Team, if you haven't heard from our Back Office Teams within 48 hours, as they will be able to escalate this.

You can reach them by calling 📞 0800 052 0238

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

joeyoe1988
Joining in

update: I think it's reasonable to assume now that nobody from the 'back office' is going to call and this third order will get cancelled without reason too now. Given the detrimental affect this will have on my (otherwise flawless) credit rating, I will have to lodge a complaint with the ombudsman as this is truly unacceptable, I hope it serves as a warning to any future prospective customers. 

joeyoe1988
Joining in

Unsurprisingly, it has still not been updated. Unless it is processed today then it will not get sent out tomorrow, and i'll have to cancel this order anyway as I urgently need a new phone. I have been trying my hardest for a WEEK to get a new phone from Virgin Mobile, and to absolutely no avail. 

Hi @joeyoe1988, thank you for coming back to us. 

We're sorry to hear you're no further forward with this. Have you tried reaching out to the mobile sales team?

Regards,
Daniel

joeyoe1988
Joining in

Yes I have, twice. they assured me it would be prioritised, but it has not.  

joeyoe1988
Joining in

The order clearly hasn't been prioritised as promised by your Mobile Sales Team earlier, so I presume it will not get sent out this weekend. I am hugely disappointed with the service from Virgin Mobile, it has been a total disaster since Monday. I cannot believe Virgin would decide to repeatedly refuse to sell me a mobile phone, after being a loyal customer for many many years. There is absolutely no excuse for this and has ruined my otherwise favourable view of Virgin. i cannot understand after easily passing credit checks three times that Virgin would not process this simple order, or even prioritise it after a full week of disappointing customer service and failure to even try and communicate the reasons why with me, on multiple occasions. 

Hi @joeyoe1988, have you been given a specific timeframe as to when they'll be getting back to you?

Regards,

Daniel