Menu
jasonsefton1_
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

DAY 24 - Still a prisoner with virgin

Day 24 - still no phone call from virgin to help my issue. I am still being treated like a prisoner  on 24/7 lockdown.  I have complained every single day and nobody will help me. All I want to do is leave virgin mobile and receive my pac code. 

Virgin are not releasing my pac code because I have an upgrade which has been parked for 24 days !!!!. 

I have  made it clear, cancel the upgrade and just give me my pac code and let me leave.  They will not let me leave !!!  You can’t get through to an English call center, the center you get through is out of this country and the operators tells me they can’t contact other departments about my issues because they are not allowed to email or call them !!!.    The virgin team on the community try and reply saying we can help, but this has been 3 days on the community and not one person has helped. 

just let me leave please !!!! I need my pac code 

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DAY 24 - Still a prisoner with virgin

I've flagged this post for a staff response. 

As and when you get a PAC code, do your research before choosing another provider.  You may have to pay more for a given handset to get a reasonably good mobile provider.  According to Ofcom data, Tesco Mobile, Sky Mobile, EE and O2 generated the lowest ratios of pay-monthly mobile complaints recently.  On the other hand, BT Mobile, Vodafone, iD Mobile, Three and Virgin Mobile generated the highest ratios.  Also consider that O2 are merging with Virgin Media - will the canker of Virgin's customer service spread to the former O2 business, or will the (reportedly) respectable O2 performance prevail?  

As a compromise, EE are probably a sound bet - UK based call centres, the best overall network coverage, and not the lowest complaint number, but less than half the complaints of Virgin Mobile.  Even within this, you need to consider a few things - check network coverage, and accept that personal experience can vary: I'm with IDMobile who are poorly rated, but I have no complaints - joining and managing the accounts of my three phones was easy and without problems, whereas a few years back, leaving O2 was a tedious and unpleasant trial due to poor quality offshore customer service.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jasonsefton1_
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Andrew and I get your points which are really valid. 

however my issue is the shocking service I have received which has made me leave. 

unfortunately i can’t leave because they are holding me against my will, I have no contract with them anymore and the upgrade which I was going to take out with them has been parked for 24 days (basically sitting there and unable to do anything) so I have asked and begged for the parked order just to be cancelled and for me to receive a pac code.    But every operative I have spoken too has told me they can’t do anything. I have complained every single day for nearly a month and I am no nearer having it resolved. 
I have also stressed I suffer with severe anxiety and take medication for it and this treatment is making me flare up... one response I got was “ why is it making you anxious “ !!!    
all I want to do is leave virgin !!! 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jasonsefton1_,

Thanks for your post an reaching out to the Community Forums, Sorry to hear that you are having with your mobile account. Our records show that you are currently engaged in two private messages with our team regarding this issue. Please allow us the time to get this worked on and update you within the private messages.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
jasonsefton1_
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,  

It shout be 3 members of your team and only 1 has sent me a detailed response (Tom) nobody else seems to want to help and this is the same on the call center.  Why can’t the relevant department just sort this for me, it’s been 24 days !!. 

i don’t want this 24th day parked order; i want it removing and a pac code sending out. 

24 days !!! Come on surely you must admit this is wrong ? 

thanks 

jay 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Without wanting to ads to your woes I just want to point out that you can only PAC from a live account. It seems Virgin have closed yours. That is something else for them to sort out.

There is another live thread on here where a customer is in the same position as you.

Someone is screwing up big time

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, Jay, glad to hear Tom is working on things for you.  Please allow us the time to get things sorted and continue the conversation within the PMs so as not to create duplicated works. 

0 Kudos
jasonsefton1_
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,  how would they of closed my account ?.  To be fair I don’t have any allowances any more for my number since my refresh date a few weeks ago ? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Andrew-G wrote:

As and when you get a PAC code, do your research before choosing another provider.  You may have to pay more for a given handset to get a reasonably good mobile provider.  According to Ofcom data, Tesco Mobile, Sky Mobile, EE and O2 generated the lowest ratios of pay-monthly mobile complaints recently.  On the other hand, BT Mobile, Vodafone, iD Mobile, Three and Virgin Mobile generated the highest ratios.

I'll just add to this....I'm sure you realise this, but there's only 4 network operators in the UK: VF, O2, EE & 3. Everyone else is a "virtual" provider who piggybacks on one of the big-4.

0 Kudos