Menu
Ogynite
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Customer service

I’ve rang 789 to try and sort my data download speed I’ve been switched to vodaphone mast and it’s terrible getting less than 1 Meg download. After going through technical changes on my phone and not getting the call back they promised (no change in data speed) I got back in touch with them and after loads of negotiations they agreed to waiver my cancellation fee I am 1 month into new contract so over the 14 day cooling off period so was happy with outcome. I then requested PAC Code  when code arrived they are charging me full cancellation fees so I rang back spoke to a different person who saying no agreement was made and have to pay cancellation fee and after heated negotiations will not budge I asked to speak to the person I had agreement with but said he can’t why once we have been in touch with them speak to the same person so frustrating and one customer rep saying one thing and another saying different beggars belief. 

0 Kudos
Vsridhar
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service

And here no one replied in 4 Hours!!!

🙂

Great company..

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Vsridhar wrote:

And here no one replied in 4 Hours!!!

🙂

Great company..

Because this is a Community Forum and intended for member to member interaction. It is not first line customer support. 

Depending on the load across the several boards it can take some time for staff to reach you 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it can take upto a week
0 Kudos
Ogynite
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

update 
During the 14 day cooling off period we was In lock down on vm wifi so no problem with data. 
now I can travel to my caravan and use the mobile data I have found only getting less than 1 Meg download speed where before when on ee mast I was getting 40 to 50 Meg download speeds therefore I’m unable to stream my services even social media is slow 

I have been with virgin media for over 20 years with broadband and phone line. 2years with mobile hence I upgraded for another 2 years but didn’t expect this. very disappointed

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ogynite, 

Thanks for your post and thanks for your post. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with cancelling your package. 

Checking things at this end, I'm not seeing any notes on the account to suggest the EDF's would be waived for you. Do you by any chance have any correspondence from us to show this was offered? If so post back here so we can help you further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ogynite
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath 

The person before last corespondent gave me verbally assurances I would not have charges for cancelling my contract if the conversation was recorded it will be on that. Also the last person I spoke to offered me £40 I declined this offer but once again was verbal so will be no record of it 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ogynite,

thanks for getting back to us, as my colleague has highlighted, it is not on the notes on your account, and I have taken a second look and also not on there. I do appreciate this is not an ideal situation, but do you have any emails or texts at all confirming this so we can look into this further for you? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ogynite
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha 

sorry don’t have any emails or text I was on the phone 26/04/21 at 12:54 for 41 minutes to the person who who promised there would be no charge so maybe wanted me off phone never thought about getting in writing my bad. Just thought it would have been put on system as promised 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Regrettably as there is no confirmation of this, we wouldn't be able  to process for you, but if you give our team a ring via 0345 454 1111 and get them to send you a confirmation of this, we can look into this further for you. 

But at this current time there isn't much we can do until we do see a confirmation or a note on the account 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos