Menu
clare_d
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Credit check issues

Hi 

I wanted to upgrade my existing VM broadband to include 2 x iPhone 12's on 36 month contracts. I have 2 out of contract phones with EE so looking to move to VM.

VM ran a credit check and informed me that I didn't pass their criteria. I was asked to contact Equifax if I wanted to follow this up. Credit score and credit report obtained from Equifax, identified no issues whatsoever so I am both perplexed and annoyed. 

Tried to resolve with VM again after receiving report but no one really wants to help, answer is "computer says no". Advised to email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. Done that but heard nothing.

As a relatively new customer to VM, having added broadband, was now looking to add 2 x mobiles and when my Sky contract is up in May also move my TV package to them. In light of this episode I'll be reconsidering.

Interesting business model if VM can turn away business from a 2 income household, which has never had any credit issues.

Seen lots of similar issues on here and can't find anyone who actually got a positive outcome, so not holding out much hope if I'm honest.

I'll take my business elsewhere, won't move the TV and when I'm out of contract also move my broadband, lost customer.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit check issues

Hi Clare_D, 

Thanks for your post. I can see you have posted multiple times in regard to this. Can you please keep to one post

Zoie

0 Kudos