Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Credit agreement

I have just done an upgrade on my virgin mobile phone.It was never explained to me what AIRTIME was,i have found out the hard way when i signed a credit agree ,worth £168.I thought i would be able to cancel it ,but find i would have to repay the £168.i  Havent recieved any credit off them ,so how can i be expected to repay it.Is it against the law ,and what do i do ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit agreement

If you're unsure about your legal rights, then you should speak to Citizens Advice (although that will have challenges with the current health panic). You could see a lawyer, but that will be expensive, and probably not worthwhile.

There are sometimes ways of cancelling a contract if one party didn't understand the contract, but the law is complicated, and you'd probably need to invoke Virgin Media's complaint policy, and have sound advice on your rights.  Because this is a credit agreement, consumer finance regulations also apply, so if the contract were sold in a way that didn't meet your needs, then potentially there is also a right of complaint about mis-selling to the Financial Ombudsman Service.  Be aware that this isn't likely to be resolved very quickly.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi briantsimms46,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry there has been some confusion with your upgrade when it was processed.

Are you still within 14 days of placing the order? If so, you are still able to cancel the order if you're unhappy. 

It sounds like you've taken one of our freestyle contracts. This means that you'll make two separate monthly payments. One is for the handset, and this is a credit agreement. The second payment is for your airtime (your monthly minutes. texts and data). 

If you need any further help, please let me know.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Melissa,I have tried cacelling spent an hour trying to sort this out ,then got off,I have since been unable to get through.I have a problem i have broken the phone trying to get the Sym in ,none of which seemed to fit,so i realise i will have to pay £168 for that .Is there no other way to cancle the whole of this agreement ,I just have not got the time to keep ringing 789 ,and having to wait ages to get through.I am a carer for my wife ,and she is getting all upset about it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for letting me know.

I wouldn't like to cause you or your wife any upset whilst trying to get this sorted out. I'll do my best to help you with this.

I'll pop you a private message now so I can take some details from you.

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do i take a private message Mallisa?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you look at the top right of the screen, you should see an envelope icon. If you click on that, you'll see my private message 🙂

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos