Menu
HW14
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Credit File Default - Urgent contact and action required!!

I have just had a mortgage denied because there is apparently a default on a Virgin Media Account for £38. I opened the account in October 2018 and immediately closed it within the 14 day period, due to the fact that I could not get service at either my home or place of work. You agreed to close the account and not to charge. I have now discovered for the first time, some 22 months later that a default has beeen posted to my otherwise exemplary credit history.

Despite waiting on 2 calls for 45 minutes today, I have been unable to contact anyone in your organisation or customer services team.  I ned to have this erroneous default removed from my credit file I have all the details of the account number, etc. and I need someone to make contact as a matter of great urgency.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit File Default - Urgent contact and action required!!

Hi HW14,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We are very sorry to hear about this and we will be happy to take a look in to what has happened on your disconnected account.

When you placed the disconnection order within the 14 days any charges would have been cleared off your account. Did you received any conformation that your account has been fully closed and the balance was 0.00?

So we can look in to this further for you I am going to pop you over a private message so we can investigate what has happened on your old account.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos