Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit Check

Been with Virgin many years, have tv, phone and broadband and mobile, I have two sim only contracts, I’ve got 12 months continues payments on my mobile file but still fail the credit check to upgrade to a new phone, this should be based on my loyalty/relationship with virgin solely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Check

Hello

I certainly understand but I am afraid that Virginmedia like all other companies have  to do a credit check to make sure that you are credit worthy as having a phone on contract is a loan for the full price of the phone.

Have you checked yourself that your own credit rating (there are many free services that do this) as this  is what VM base their decision on.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When I’ve checked my credit rating there’s no footprint from virgin media though

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is not unusual. I've seen people with credit scores near the top refused?, usually when they already have a big spend with Virgin. Some have then gone elsewhere, walked in a store and then walked out with what they wanted.

Personally, my attitude is, don't want my money, fine I'll go elsewhere. 

My latest phone is costing me £200 a year less for ignoring Virgin.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks