Menu
hazzazza
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cooling period not being applied to cancellation

Signed up for an account on Monday 17/08/20, by Wednesday 19/08/2020 I put in a STAC request as there is no way to just cancel your contract. I then received several messages with different figures saying I would need to pay over £70 in disconnection charges. 

This is wrong as I have cancelled the contract within the 14 days of the contract start and as per the agreement,

"You can withdraw from this agreement, without giving any reason by notifying us within a 14 day period which starts the day after you have signed your agreement or, if later, the day you receive your device."

Which is clearly not being applied.

Everytime I call 789/150 the automated message tells me its about to put me through to a person and then proceeds to not do that, ask if I want a link and hang up which is useless.

Equally, the chat function on the website is broken as each time I click I get "Something went wrong". 

As always with companies like this, lighting fast to take your money, impossible to speak to someone and cancel. 

0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cooling period not being applied to cancellation

I had this issue. I cancelled within the 14 day period and had a cancellation fee mentioned on the text.

A member of Virgin staff on the forum had to manually remove the disconnection fee otherwise you will potentially still get charged.

hazzazza
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I had to call the New Sales line to actually get through and speak to someone. after an infuriating first 5 mins of the lady trying to take my broadband details to get into my mobile account (no idea why she didn't just task for my number first),

I have now been on hold for 15 minutes waiting to be transferred through to a customer service person.

0 Kudos
hazzazza
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried again in the phone on Monday, after being on hold for 50 minutes, managed to speak to someone and get the contract cancelled. I double checked with the operator that there would be no charges as I cancelled within 14 day period and he confirmed that was the case.

However I have received yet another message with yet another value saying there would be a an early disconnection fee of x. Hoping this is not the case and their record systems are just as poor as their customer service. 

0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My bill came through this week and was correct with a zero balance.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Hazzazza.

Have you been in touch with the team to confirm this since your post? 

You should get a recalculated final bill sent through post once the disconnection completes with the correct balance.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos