Menu
Nikkizoey
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract taken out in my name

Hi

I am in desperate need of help, everytime I contact Virgin media mobile I go round in circles.

Someone I use to live with took a mobile contract out in my name without my knowledge in 2018, used my details to get the contract but their details for payment. The first I heard about this was May 2019 when I got a debt letter say I owed over £1000. I have never been with Virgin for any services so was extremely confused. When ringing Virgin back in May 2019 we had got it resolved, or so I thought. 

Now I haven't heard anything since but I know its left a red mark on my credit file, however in January 2021, nearly  2 years later, I have received an email saying my bill needs paying. Again don't have a contract with Virgin. Tried ringing Virgin and again went round in circles as I couldn't access the account due to not passing security, well obviously because I didn't set the account up, its not mine. I was told it had been passed to the fraud department and I would hear after 5 working days. Its now been about 10 working days and I have heard nothing.

I am now at a loss with how to proceed with this. I have been to action fraud, and CISAS, but no such look.

Is anyone able to help me to get this account closed or out of my name before it affects my credit anymore.

I would like to add I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and the stress this is causing is not doing my health any good. 

Thanks

Nic

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract taken out in my name

Hi Nikkizoey, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about this. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. Chris. 

0 Kudos