Menu
WW1948
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contract expiry

I want to keep old mobile phone(VIRGIN) number in my new (VIRGIN) phone.I am told I will be charged as pay as ayou go even though I am paying contract.Surely this is wrong

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract expiry

Thanks for getting in touch with us via the forum team WW1948.

Are you staying on a monthly contract when you get a new phone or have you asked to be changed to pay as you go customer? 

If you're on a pay monthly contract, you should be able to remain on a monthly contract if you choose to do so and that would in turn keep your number active with yourself. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
WW1948
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Steve I got a new phone early but old one finishes this month and just to save having probs with my banks security (They cancel your debit card)Id like to keep old number in new phone But I am told when I rung Virgin I would be charged for calls on top of my contract.This is wrong surely

0 Kudos
WW1948
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

By way both are contract phones

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for confirming, so we can port the number across to the new offering SIM card, if the old SIM card is for a pay as you go this will automatically then cancel down after 90 days without use. 

Can we please confirm if you've been able to port this over since your post?

Let us know, Emily.

WW1948
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I am using old sim in new phone but do not want to pay charge on top of contract but also dont want to lose bank card

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

It seems as though there is some confusion here. 

So have you taken out a new contract whilst you currently have one that is due to end?

If this is the case are they both with Virgin Media?

If so we're unable to port from Virgin to Virgin, but I know you don't want to lose your number. 

You could look into upgrading your current number early, this means a new phone and the same number but a possible upgrade fee. 

Is the new contract you took out older than 14 days?

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
WW1948
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes I got new phone in April.I am using old number in it since it came. Trouble is I dont want to pay as you go.No intention of getting another phone.Wish Id known cant keep same number Id have gone elswhere.I believe bank change your cards if you change mobile number for security reasons

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise WW1984. 

I'm not aware of the bank doing this myself, you should be able to update your contact details directly with them over the phone or online. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos