Menu
Verityserum
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract Buy-Out Charge??

I've been charged quite a pricey contract buy-out fee for leaving Virgin.

Here is a timeline of events:

24th March: Ordered Virgin SIM as a first-time customer

27th March: Received and activated Virgin SIM

At this point I realised service was nonexistent in my area despite checking with the online map. I managed to get the opportunity to call by calling from work...

31st March: Called Virgin Customer Services to cancel my SIM.

My bill, received April 23rd, states that I owe £1.64 in useage - fine, no issue with that - but I owe £34.66 as a Contract Buy-Out Charge? I cancelled WELL within my 14-days - 7 if you include the transit of the SIM card itself, which would also be unfair.

I'm baffled, and annoyed, as I don't even think this was mentioned on the phone when I called to cancel. If it was, it really wasn't made clear to me. I thought the 14-day cooling off period allowed us to cancel without charge if it was unsatisfactory?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Buy-Out Charge??

Hi Verityserum, thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry about this situation. It's disappointing that the coverage wasn't as expected & this couldn't be resolved, and you definitely shouldn't be charged for anything but extra-usage if you cancelled within 14 days.

I'd like to look further into this, so will send a PM shortly requesting your details so I can take a further look.

Tom_F

0 Kudos