cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact numbers change format

DaveWillis1
Tuning in

My i phone keeps chaging the format of the contact numbers as if it is in a foreign country

various fixes are only temporary

changing roaming settings to national stopped it happening but when I travelled to Spain phone didn’t work

repeated calls to virgin give no help

i contacted apple support who say they can find nothing wrong with phone

if virgin continue to stick their heads in the sand i will have no option than to go to another network

terrible customer service

25 REPLIES 25

What can I expect to happen next please Serena?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DaveWillis1

I have sent you a private message to discuss the next steps of your complaint 🙂  

Kind regards,

Serena

Just to update. The day after you launched an official complaint for me the service returns. How strange. Not worked for 2 weeks since I ported my number then after complaint raised it starts working

isn’t life wonderful

Thanks to Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DaveWillis1

Thank you for popping back here to let me know, I'm very glad to hear your service has now returned 🙂 If there's anything else you need, please do let me know.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi All,
I stumbled across this forum looking for a solution to my number formatting problem.

I joined virgin media last week. I had been with Tesco for years so O2 network and same phone. 

This post seemed to suggest that the new SIMs would not have the problem with telephone formats, well looks like they do.

I have tried the temp fixes and will now set my roaming to national, but this is a poor fix and I will likely have to look for another network if there isn't a proper fix.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for any issues faced Mull74,

Welcome to the community.

Can I ask has this occurred since being abroad?

If so was the roaming changed to international and then back?

Regards,

Kain