Menu
silentg1971
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contact Mobile help via phone!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!

Ok, so new contract with Virgin Mobile and now my mobile has started failing to send sms messages (over 4 pages), 2-3 pages is fine but over that..... nope.

BTW, No issue with network from my end.

So I tried to contact virgin via 150 from landline (well I might as well use it as I am paying for it monthly >.<).
I first press option 2 for mobile then when i go to press option 3 for faults, all I get is:

"for most people chatting to us by text is more convenient than waiting to speak to us over the phone, to get started and use this service no, just press one"

If I wanted to text I would but I want to speak to an actual person, not via sms.

So how the heck are you supposed to get through to a real person when the only option I am greeted with is as above. It just keeps repeating and no other options 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact Mobile help via phone!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!

789 Early (about 8am) has worked for some

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi silentg1971,

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry you're having problems sending text messages on your new contract. I'd like to help you with this. 

Are you able to receive text messages and use your mobile data okay? What about calls?

Did you transfer your mobile number over to us from another provider?

Can you please reboot the handset and run a manual network search?

Let me know.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just a thought. If you are doing SMS of 4 pages it may be your phone is converting them to MMS. As these cost 50p it may be you have your spending cap set to £0 so they won't send. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos