Menu
natalielouise86
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant calls from overseas

Hi,

My mum is getting dozens of nuisance calls a day from various places like Somalia, Vanuatu, Burkina Faso and many others. There are now about 15 different countries calling and the numbers are slightly different each time so we can't block them. How do we stop this? It's been happening for about 6 weeks now. 

i created a contact in her address book and added just the country codes in the numbers field, then blocked the contact, however we have a new bunch of country codes calling today. 

Shes resorted to switching off her phone now just to get a break, but she has Parkinson's and I don't like that she is not contactable. 

I can see in the account settings online I can block international calls but it seems that it's just outgoing calls.

help!

0 Kudos
natalielouise86
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant calls from overseas

Has no one else experienced this???

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi natalielouise86

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and the calls your Mother is getting. Is this on her mobile or landline please? 

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
natalielouise86
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s on her mobile

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi natalielouise86,

Thanks for your reply, depending on the make/model of the handset you can block calls from unknown or specific numbers, you can find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-nuisance-calls. Or we do have the option to change the mobile number for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos