cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Refreshing SIM Data

QLane
Tuning in

Both partner and I recently received new SIM cards and all seemed fine. Now at our place in Scotland which previously had not great, but adequate, mobile signal. Now have no service and both phones repeatedly displaying 'Updating SIM Data'. Exhausted my skills in trying to resolve - any recommendations (other than ditch VIrgin!).

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @QLane,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing problems with your SIM Cards showing No Service and "Updating SIM Data". I've checked things on our end, and it is showing the signal in your area to be 4G and "Great both indoors and outdoors", which means this may be a problem with the SIM itself.

Are you able to test the SIMs in another device to see if the issue persists? Can you please also confirm the make and model of the devices you have attempted to use the SIMs in? 

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I went to another location this afternoon and was able to make a call and there was no 'Refreshing Sim Data' message interruption so I do have concerns about the signal. The phones we are using are a Samsung Galaxy A71 and a Nokia TA-1024. Have tried Sim in another phone - a Galaxy A3 and didn't work there either. The strange aspect is that both Sims worked fine when installed, in France for a month, and travelling through England this past weekend. It only seems here at our home location that the problem has appeared; I do wonder if the (reduced) signal strength is the real problem?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @QLane,

Thanks for coming back with an update on this. Was this location nearby to your home? Can you please try doing the following on both devices:

Head to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names and tap the three dots at the top, and select "Reset to Default" - once this has been done, please try rebooting the device. 

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

No change - both phones still trying to update with no signal. THis afternoon I went 3 miles to larger town where signal historically was much stronger

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @QLane,

Thanks for confirming. I'm going to drop you a private message so we can look into this issue further for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team