Menu
Trayc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Connection to sky mobile

Daughter has gotten a new phone from sky and has a new number. However my phone won’t ring her even though everyone else can, she can ring me though. 

JackieH58
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection to sky mobile

I’ve got the same problem. Mother-in-law has just started up with Skymobile and I can’t phone her from my Virgin mobile. Other’s on different mobiles can and I can from my landline. She can phone me.  Any suggestions how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tracyc, and JackieH58, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Really sorry you're both having issues contacting a Sky Mobile number, this isn't good. 

Do you know anybody else on Sky Mobile you can try calling? Does this work?

Also as you mentioned there is a new number involved can I ask how this starts, for example 079? Don't include the full number just the first four numbers 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Trayc
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My daughters is 0736 and until last week she was with EE on a different number and had no problem. Now it sounds like her line is in use then hangs up, she can ring me though and we both can text each other so I’m baffled. Will ask around to see who else is on Sky, and am also trying to contact sky mobile to see if they can help. 
Thanks. 

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. 

It might be as it's a new number it's not yet been accepted by us if that makes sense? 

Numbers used to be 079, 078 and 077 and as you can appreciate the amount of people using mobile numbers now, more numbers have had to be created. As it's new, it might not be one we've accepted yet, or it could be something else. It would be interesting to see if the other number above is the same. 

So I'll pop you a personal message to confirm the full number and then we can feed it back to see if it's something we're aware of and when it will be sorted?

I hope to hear back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
JackieH58
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, my Mother-in-laws number is also 0736. Likewise we seem to be ok with text messages, but phoning from my (and my husbands) Virgin mobiles to her Sky mobile either just drops out or 3 or 4 beeps then drops out.

Our son is on Sky Mobile and we’ll check tomorrow if we can call mobile to mobile. He did transfer his old O2 number (think that’s who he was with) over to his new Sky sim and his first four digits are 0734. I know he’s been able to phone his Gran (my Mum-in-law) successfully.

Thank you for your input and hope we can get to the bottom of this.

JackieH58

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @JackieH58 and @Trayc

I'll get this looked into now and once I have any further information I'll let you know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Marcdg
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue for a week now. My dads new sky number is an 0736. I have spoke to virgin and they didn’t know of any issues but are looking into it. This new number mentioned could be the reason but how long before virgin ok these numbers? The whole family has virgin mobiles and now we can’t call dad so abit disappointing 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There's a similair issue in this post on the sky forums  and they suggest that the Sky customer  use this  Device support tool for troubleshooting for not being able to receive calls from specific networks.  Make sure to note the 55- number as you need to provide this if told to call. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Trayc
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Someone else who is with virgin has tried to ring my daughters mobile and can’t get through. Husband is EE and has no problem. 

0 Kudos