Menu
Barmyholtender
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connecting when away from home

When I travel up to Birmingham to watch the Villa play the moment I turn my data on  it takes a very long time for any data to be processed.

When I am at home the data is constant and when I turn the data on it instantly starts to work.

I have location and Google services turned on ALL the time

Looking for any help with this

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting when away from home

Is it only in this location? Could be Cell overload, especially when a large number of users are in the same location.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you know if other users in the same location are having similar problems? Especially those on EE, or Asda/PlusNet mobile.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Barmyholtender
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It only seems to happen at this location , I think its Virgin trying to establish that I am the authorised User before they release any Data, I would understand that but I am frustrated not to be able to use the phone straight away when I get to the Ground

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Barmyholtender
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I dont know about other users but I have learned that Villa are going to increase coverage at the Ground through EE but that doesn't answer why I have no data for such a long period of time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well if it's just that location it has to be the network. Not much Virgin can do.

I sometimes suspect EE give priority to their own. There was a similar problem with crowding in parts of London. EE was OK but Virgin was slow.

EE customers also have access to an extra frequency band, but how that works out at Villa I have no idea.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped